Sunday, May 1, 2011

Field Trip!

Today, May 1st marked one of the nicest runs I've done. We headed out to Bakers Park and did a great loop around the river. The weather was gorgeous, the scenery was gorgeous and my run was fantastic! 4.16km in 33min. That is still with a little regrouping, but I'm quite happy! It was about 2c, but very sunny. I wore a new tshirt I picked up from Walmart and my run jacket. About halfway through the run I had my jacket tied around my waist and felt great. The only problem was that we had to cross a narrow bridge over the river. I hate bridges. I ended up sprinting across and then nearly died at the other end. But I recovered quickly and ended the run in the front spot with another girl.

The view from where we started and ended courtesy of Calgary.ca



I really enjoyed not being on a busy suburban street with lots of traffic. I know its not sensible to drive out to these nicer runs every time, but I'm looking forward to what I think will be a weekly thing.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. One night threatened to downpour on us, but never did (we just had to suffer through the wind!).

And on Friday night, at the clinic we had a chiropractor speak to us. It was really interesting. He gave us a questionnaire at the beginning, we were to mark off things that bother us. At first I didn't think I really had any. You know, those headaches I get all the time, they're not migraines, so they don't count. The sore back I have nearly every day, I still function, so that doesn't count. Etc, etc. Except... they do count! Its not normal to have headaches where I need Tylenol once a week. Its not normal to be physically uncomfortable all the time, even if I can still fully function. So he was giving away free initial analysis and I signed myself up. I'm looking forward to it. Now I just have to go through our insurance coverage and see what I can claim if I continue with it!

I also bought a two running outfits at Costco this week (two tanks and two capris). They're the Costco brand 'Tuff Athletics'. Unfortunately you can't try anything on there, so it wasn't until after I bought them and brought them home that I learned that they're too small and I don't like them anyways. Back to Costco on Tuesday to return them! But I did find a good tshirt at Walmart last week. And at $15, with wicking material and UV protection, I figured I couldn't go wrong. I wore it today and while I was a little sweaty, it was quite comfortable. It also has a little reflective piping and is form fitting without being *tight*. I'm thinking of picking up another one. I'm not sure how many pieces of clothing is a good starting point? I figure two maybe three outfits for the season? I can pick up more pieces as I go along.

Oh! And Amazing Husband and Amazing Husband's sister are starting the Couch to 5K program tomorrow! She lives in Korea and he's of course here with me, but with the time difference, they may be running together. Very cool! I'm hoping that maybe once the Learn To Run clinic is over we can somehow figure out childcare for the boys and do a little running together!

No comments:

Post a Comment