Monday, March 28, 2011

The Hangover

The day after my first run. I wasn't sure what to expect. I know when I've tried things like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, I often wasn't able to walk, sit, lie down, stand up, etc (you know, all the basic human movements) for days. So I was a little nervous.

A few hours after my run yesterday I started to feel some soreness in my "inner hip flexors". I don't really know how to stretch this area, and its never bothered me before (although I think I had similar soreness at the ends of my pregnancies). This morning I'm still very sore, but its moved out more to my "outer hip flexors".

So I'll have to find some better stretches.

But otherwise I feel great! No thigh/calf/shin soreness at all. My feet feel great (no blisters or anything from the new shoes) so I'm happy there.

The weather is supposed to be warming up a bit over the next few days, so hopefully conditions will be better on Wednesday for my next attempt at this! I know I'm a bit obsessive about the weather, but I'm always cold and worry how the weather will affect my motivation. Know your enemy!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD WORK!!! Keep it up!!!

    Try the "stripper stretch" for your inner thigh and hips.

    ReplyDelete