Wednesday, March 30, 2011

2.36km

So today was my second run with the clinic. LOVED it!! I got there a bit early, and already the store was packed. I am amazed at how many people come out for this! There was the half marathon trainees, the 5k trainees, and then my group, the Learn To Run.

Tonight was the first night I actually met my instructor, K. Our group only had me and another lady, so we joined up with the LTR group, which is probably the way it will go on Wed and Suns as our group is so small. I really like her, she's positive and funny. The other lady from my group is also very nice. She too has kids and is just looking for a little time to herself, something to get active and something flexible, just like me. I ended up running with her and chatting the whole way. I felt like maybe I was running a bit slow, I didn't feel like I was really pushing myself at all. We were at 1:1's still, so things will get harder on Fri when we switch to 2:1's. Don't get me wrong, I still felt it! But I'm feeling comfortable and really enjoying it, so I'm very happy with that.

The weather was perfect. It was about 8c, with quite a chilly wind. I wore my long sleeve tshirt, long pants and my fleece vest. It was perfect. I was a little cold at first, but it didn't take long to warm up and I felt great. I did wish I had brought my little gloves with me, but as it turns out, the woman I was chatting with had an extra pair (did I mention she is a mom as well?).

And afterwards I chatted with two of the instructors and they showed me some good stretches for my hips, so hopefully I won't be as sore tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to Friday, we'll be chatting more about shoes, including hearing from a Chiropractor. I like that they bring in speakers and talk about things that newbies like me just wouldn't know. I'll try and remember lots to share here!

Much nicer day wasn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment